Skip to content
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl combine first measure of sugar, and flour. Mix in Meyer lemon juice, melted butter, zest and yolks. Stir in buttermilk.
- In mixer, beat egg whites and salt to a soft peak, gradually add second measure of sugar and beat to a firm peak. Fold into the Meyer lemon mixture.
- For individual servings spray coffee cups or 6 ounce straight-sided soufflé molds with vegetable oil. Fill each serving to 3/4 full.
- Bake in a water bath 350° 17 - 20 minutes until the tops are firm with tiny cracks.
- Cook until first 1 pound of berries has broken down and the sauce comes to a roaring boil. Puree and strain.
- Add the remaining 1 pound of whole huckleberries to sauce when cool.