Cara Cara Orange Lime Fromage
By Ivan Koshu at Omoi Pastry
Preparation: 1 day
Crème Cara Cara
- In a sauce pan, bring heavy cream to a boil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolk, sugar, and Cara Cara orange juice together.
- Bloom gelatine in an ice bath.
- Slowly add heavy cream into the egg yolk bowl. Mix well.
- Pour back into pan and cook until the temperature reached 83 degrees Celsius.
- Add bloomed gelatine, lime zest and lime juice.
- Pour into round 5-inch molds and freeze.
Cara Cara Orange Marmalaid
- In a sauce pan, bring Cara Cara orange Segments and Mango Puree to simmer.
- Whisk Sugar and NH pectin in a separate bowl and stir in slowly while whisking.
- Bring to a boil until the temperature reaches 102 degrees Celsius (215 degrees F).
- Cool with an ice bath, and add the lime juice, and lime zest.
- Pipe onto the frozen Crème Cara Cara and freeze once again.
- In a mixing bowl, paddle butter until soft and there is no lumps.
- Add the sugar, vanilla paste, heavy cream, egg yolk, salt, honey, lime zest, and lime juice slowly while paddling.
- Once mixed well, add Cake flour and gradually mix.
- Let dough rest for one day in the fridge.
- Roll out to a 3mm thickness
- Cut out pieces with a 7-inch circle cookie cutter
- Place on parchment paper and bake at 170 degrees Celsius (338 degrees F) for 20 minutes.
- Let Cool.
Lime Mousse Fromage
- In mixing bowl, add egg yolk.
- In a sauce pan, boil water and sugar to 120 degrees Celsius (248 degrees F) and slowly add into the egg yolk while mixing at high speed. Mix until nice and fluffy.
- In a separate pan, take a portion of heavy cream and heat until hot.
- Add bloomed gelatine to melt and then whip the rest of heavy cream.
- In separate large bowl, whisk fromage blanc and powder sugar together with lime juice and lime zest.
- Add the hot cream and gelatin mixture into the bowl and whisk.
- Once mixed well, add the whipped egg yolk, sugar and water mixture. Then fold in the whipped heavy cream mixture and mix until combined.
- Cast into 8-inch cake ring molds half way
- Add frozen Crème Cara Cara and Marmalaid
- Pour the rest of the mousse over until flat surface.
Vanilla Mirror Glaze
- Boil water, sugar, vanilla, glucose, and heavy cream until temperature is at 103 degrees Celsius (217 degrees F)
- Add bloomed gelatine and mix well.
- Strain into melted white chocolate and add titanium dioxide. Use a blender shaft until nice and smooth
- Cool in the refrigerator until glaze is at a temperature of 36 degrees celsius (98 degrees F).